Here's my example:
1. Give birth to a child darker than the sun’s undershirt
2. Wear him, till the night shouts uncle
3. Burn yourself often
4. Let others touch only the edges of his name
5. Tremble when he cries
6. Feed him from your mother mouth
7. Wait and look both ways
8. Pray he’ll love
9. Pray he’ll eat
10. Pray the coughing will stop
11. Genuflect often
12. Clean his nose with the corners of your dress
13. Clean the dress with the corners of your eyes
14. Feed him first, feed him often
15. Let him start fires without matches
16. In secret, put them out
May 28, 2012
How to save yourself from drowning
- First of all, don’t plunge right in.
- Stay on the shore, or close to…
- Dip your feet gently in its waters.
- Let its cool, refreshing feeling wash over you.
- When you feel it is starting to lure you in, pull back.
- Walk away.
- Rinse and dry your feet with a soft, plush towel. Never white.
- Close your eyes and inhale.
- Open your eyes and exhale.
- Start on step one again … tomorrow.